WT Global License
WT Global License
The World Taekwondo (WT) has mandated that participants, Athletes, Coaches, and Officials, acquire a World Taekwondo Global License to register and compete in WT sanctioned events. At this time, World Taekwondo, has changed the registration system being used to process World Taekwondo Global Licenses and it is unable to process payments. Anyone wishing to obtain a Global License must pay in full and fill out the necessary details on the World Taekwondo Global Membership System to receive their Global License.
To complete your application for the WT Global License you will first need to make the payment to TNZ. To make the payment sign to your account and click World Taekwondo Global License under the events tab. You will be able to pay for you license here.
TNZ members wanting to apply for a Global Coach License or Officials License must also have completed and cleared a TNZ background check. Your license will not be processed until this has been completed.
Starting 2018, World Taekwondo has changed the Global License Options. Those individuals wishing to participate in World Taekwondo Sanctioned events must have a World Taekwondo Global License and the WT Event Pass. If you have a current Global License, you will need to upgrade to the World Taekwondo Event Pass to be able to register for World Taekwondo Sanctioned Event. Please see the information below for pricing options (all amounts are in NZD):
|WT License Type||WT Membership||License Fee||WT Event Pass (needed for WT Sanctioned Events)||Card Print Fee|
|Official||Coach, Referee, Official or Doctor||$5||$45||$5|
Please ensure you pay the correct amount as shown above. It is your responsibility to make the correct payment. Please note that if you do not pay the correct amount your Global License will be delayed, which could lead to you missing a registration deadline or early payment discount. TNZ will not be held responsible for any consequences caused by not paying the correct amount.
If you are renewing your Global License, you will still need to login and update your password and electronically agree to the World Taekwondo waivers. You can find the waivers by going to Edit Profile and the Waivers tab will be located on the bottom, left of the site.
To complete the process on the World Taekwondo Global Membership System, please go to https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com
Updated WT Licence Information / TNZ Payment Options:
WT Global License – World Taekwondo Membership ONLY
This will give you membership to World Taekwondo with no membership card. You can print a membership card from your WT profile. This does NOT allow you to register and compete in WT sanctioned events. Starting January 2018, without a WT licence you will not be able to access TNZ services and events. Cost is $5.
WT Global License – World Taekwondo Member ONLY with Global License Card
This will give you membership to World Taekwondo and will give you a WT membership card. This does NOT allow you to register and compete in WT sanctioned events. Cost is $10.
WT Global License – World Taekwondo Event Pass
This will give you membership to World Taekwondo with no membership card. You can print a membership card from your WT profile. This WILL allow you to register and participate in WT sanctioned events. Cost is $45.
WT Global License – World Taekwondo Event Pass with Global License Card
This will give you membership to World Taekwondo and will give you WT membership card. This WILL allow you to register and participate in WT sanctioned events. Cost is $50.
WT Global License – World Taekwondo Event Pass UPGRADE
If you have already purchased a World Taekwondo license that expires after 2017 you must now purchase an Event Pass. This will be with no membership card and that can be printed from your WT profile. This WILL allow you to register and participate in WT sanctioned events. Cost is $30.
WT Global License – World Taekwondo Event Pass UPGRADE with Global License Card
If you have already purchased a World Taekwondo license that expires after 2017 you must now purchase an Event Pass. This will give you a membership card. This WILL allow you to register and participate in WT sanctioned events. Cost is $35.
Who needs a WT Event Pass?
All Kyorugi and Poomsae Athletes of all ages that wish to compete in WT sanctioned events
All Team Officials: Coaches, Managers, and Medical
Athletes and Officials participating in WT sanctioned Championships, WT Ranking Point Tournaments, including the TNZ Open, and Continental Union recognized tournaments are required to obtain a WT Global License.
When should I apply/renew?
As soon as possible. Apply/renew a minimum of 2 months prior to the start of the competition you are planning to attend.
What documentation do I need to provide for my Global License?
Global License/Event Pass applicants will not be able to participate or register for any WT Sanctioned events until all the appropriate documentation listed below is submitted and approved by both TNZ and the WT:
- A color passport style ID picture.
- Valid copy of a current NZ Passport. If a member is not in possession of a Passport, the member can upload a Birth Certificate or Driver’s License.
- Proof of black belt: WT will only accept certificates processed via TNZ. Kukkiwon certification is only required at WT promoted championships, such as the World Championships, Grand Prix(s), etc…
- Submit payment via the TNZ website
- Member must have current TNZ membership. (Global Officials are required to complete the Background check)
- A member must input the correct mailing address into the WT membership profile. If a mailing address is not entered at the time the card is ordered, the global license card will not be mailed to the member.
Where can I apply for a Global licence?
To complete your application simply CLICK HERE and log in to complete the online registration process.
To make payment please visit the TNZ website and sign into your account and click on the appropriate event under the events tab.
I’m having trouble uploading pictures, what do I do?
- The photograph must be a passport-style headshot of the member, suitable for use on the WT GMS card. The photograph must be in color.
- The photo should be neatly cropped, no exceeding borders.
- The image MUST be 236×295 in size. (check photo properties by right clicking on photo). Please follow this step by step instruction, it will allow you to upload a photo in the correct format:
- Open the photo you want to use in the application “Paint” on your computer
- In the application “Paint” press the “resize” button (located under the “crop” button”)
- Click “Pixels”
- Unclick “maintain aspect ratio”
- Under Pixels, enter horizontal: 236 and vertical: 295
- The image must be vertical
- The image file must be saved in an individual JPG format and uploaded
Kukkiwon certificate/card or Black Belt Certificate
- A Kukkiwon certificate or card can be uploaded under “Kukkiwon Certification“
- Passport must be current at the time of the WT sanctioned event
- The name on the passport must match the name on the Global License Account
- Expiration date must be entered in the format DD/MM/YYYY
- The WT will accept a copy of a Birth Certificate or Driver’s License
Why is my status listed as unapproved?
First, please verify that all required documentation has been approved. If all documentation has been approved, you are seeing this status because your card has yet to be shipped. If your card status reads “Approved to Print”, then you do not need to provide any further documentation and will receive your card in 6-12 weeks. If you are attending a WT sanctioned event before you will receive your card, please follow the instructions listed below.
When should I expect to receive my card?
If you chose to have a WT membership card it will take approximately 6 – 12 weeks (depending on the time of year) to receive your Global licence card. If you are planning to attend a WT sanctioned event and will not receive your Global license card on time, follow the instructions below to print out confirmation of Global licence.
- After final approval, an email will be sent to the address supplied on the application. Use the log-in information to sign in to the WT Simply Compete system.
- Once you are logged on, click on “Membership Profile”
- Click “Membership”
- Print this Global License confirmation for your records
The document that prints will provide proof of Global License to any international organizing committee.
Have questions or concerns?
Contact: WT GMS administrator, Master Abraham Janssen at firstname.lastname@example.org